Evergreen Memory Care
"Evergreen at St. Martin's" is designed to promote the safety and well being of persons with early to late stage Alzheimer's Disease or related memory disorders . Elders living in this secure, nurturing setting receive extra supervision and assistance with personal care needs. All medications are administered by a professional licensed nurse. Specialized individual and group activities are also provided to encourage mental and physical stimulation. The Evergreen staff, which includes registered nurses, medical social workers, a consultant geriatric psychiatrist, certified nursing assistants and resident assistants, is specially trained in the needs and care of Elders afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.
MORE ON ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE...
Alzheimer's is a disease caused by the progressive loss of intellectual functions. Doctors are not sure what triggers the onset of the disease but there are three definite stages. Early stage patients have mild memory problems, but tend to still function well at home. Middle stage patients have difficulty caring for themselves and may experience behavioral and psychiatric problems. Late stage patients require total care. Throughout the disease process caregivers must adapt to the needs of the Elder as well as seek community support when appropriate. Above all the caregiver must take care of themselves in order to properly care for their loved one.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Private half or full bath
- Double full length closets
- Blinds and window treatments
- Utilities furnished, including cable (excluding telephone)
- Emergency call system
- Wireless emergency pendants available
- 24-hour professional staffing
- Licensed nurse on staff
- Three well-balanced, nutritious meals served daily, including snacks
- Weekly housekeeping service with furnished bed linens and towels
- Personal laundry service
- Medical transportation available on a fee-for-service basis
- A wide range of daily activities supervised by an experienced Activities Director
- Staff chaplain and pastoral counseling services
- Recreational activities and spriritual programming
- Scheduled group transportation
- Secured access-control doors
- Complete maintenace of building and grounds
- 24-hour electronic security and night-time guard service