October 9, 2020
Dear Friends of residents in The Pines, Cottages, Evergreen and Woodside,
Last week we had a delay in beginning our indoor visits due to a COVID-19 positive result from a resident in Evergreen. Thank you for your patience while we manage this change and work to stay compliant with government regulations. As of this correspondence, indoor visits will begin on Monday, October 19th barring no new positive test results from residents or staff. Between now and the 19th, should anyone test positive during routine testing, we will begin the 14-day window again and continue with Compassionate visits only. If no new cases arise we are prepared to begin indoor visits in designated visitation areas starting Monday, October 19th.
An appointment must be made as visitation areas will be limited and all visitors must provide a negative COVID-19 test result within the past 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
Scheduling software is available for visitors to go on-line to schedule a visit at https://stmartinsinthepinesvisits.setmore.com. Because times are limited, we ask that family members be considerate and schedule no more that one visit per week. It is our desire that all residents have the opportunity for a weekly visit from family or friends. Compassionate visits for end of life may occur in a resident’s room. These visits must also be scheduled so that we can let the resident know to expect a visitor. We enjoy giving residents something to look forward to and visits qualify.
The Alabama Nursing Home Association provided the following guidance to family members:
- Do schedule an appointment to visit with your loved one.
- Do bring your negative COVID-19 test result that has occurred within 24 hours of your visit.
- Do use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before, during and after your visit.
- Do wear a mask covering your mouth and nose during your entire visit in the facility.
- Do maintain social distance of at least six feet from staff and residents.
- Do keep out of areas that are not designated for visitation.
- Don’t remove your mask while in the facility.
- Don’t leave the designated visitation area.
- Don’t come to the facility without an appointment.
- Don’t come to the facility if you have any symptoms – coughing, sore throat, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell – even if you attribute these symptoms to some other cause (allergies or cold).
At this time, per regulation, Woodside and Evergreen residents are also able to leave the community.
Should you wish to drop supplies for a resident, you may continue to do so at the security gate. We suggest nonperishable items only to avoid spoilage.
We want to assure everyone that we are doing everything possible to keep your loved ones safe at St. Martin’s in the Pines.
In addition to our weekly COVID Update letter, a phone line is available with a weekly recording of COVID information (including positive cases) within Skilled Nursing. The phone number is (205) 271-8944. We are still collecting email addresses to expedite correspondence. If you wish to receive updates by email, please send your email addresses to Debra Turner HERE.
Thank you for your continued patience,
Carol M. Holzman
President & CEO